Custom wooden dowels come in a variety of lengths and widths ranging from 1/12” to 3” in diameter and typically in stock at 36” and 48” lengths. Larger diameters are also available, as well as lengths up to 16’ in some species.
Birch and poplar are commonly used, as well as premium domestic and imported species in hard and soft woods. We supply dowels and dowel pins in bulk quantities.
Wood species available for wooden dowels include:
Extra operations for your specific needs:
- Dowels can be cut to desired lengths at bulk quantities
- Finishing in non-toxic paints and stains
- Ends can be pointed, rounded, chamfered, drilled, slotted, tenoned, beveled, ferruled, tapered and sanded
- Shafts can be beaded, slotted, grooved, crossbored, resized to custom diameter
Printing Capabilities Include:
- Pad Printing, Silk Screening, Branding, Laser Engraving and more.
Samples of some specialty products include:
Birch Dowel Pins:
The standard dowel of choice for the past 150 years has been white birch, based on smooth grain, light color, strength, machines well, stain / paints well and cost effective. Because of the volume of birch processed, we can also offer bulk quantities that are cut to your desired lengths and is also the species of choice for extra operations of drilling, rounding, chamfering etc. The 3’ and 4’ lengths at 1/8” though 1 ¼” diameters are typically available in stock at considerable bulk quantities for prompt shipment. Cut to specific lengths and secondarily machined dowels are shipped ASAP, depending on operations involved. Be sure to visit our request a quote page for a free, no obligation quote on dowels and wood pins.